The medical industry, especially the medical device industry, is constantly evolving as new technologies, innovations and regulations come into play. It is therefore crucial to be up to date in order to provide the latest technologies that allow the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of health problems. To do so, you can participate in the various webinars. Thanks to this communication tool, you have the opportunity to collaborate with recognized experts in the medical and health field.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is an abbreviation of the expressions “web” and “seminar”. They are virtual conferences in which Internet users participate without leaving the comfort of their homes. In these online seminars, participants listen to the speakers, follow the training, see the presentations, ask questions and interact online.
As for the content of a webinar, it can be of different types. Indeed, this online conference can be used to :
- Promote a company’s products or services
- Explain in detail some specific notions in a particular field.
- Explain how to use a new tool
The webinar takes place in real time. However, the meeting can be recorded and available later for replay.
How to participate in a medical device webinar?
If you are interested in keeping up to date with the latest information provided by organizations and companies in the medical device field, the best option is to listen to and participate in webinars. To do so, you need to follow these steps:
- Find the webinar: on the web, there are many webinars that are completely free. Companies and organizations are constantly setting up virtual seminars to provide information and access to new products. Just type into a search engine “medical device webinar” and you will get many results. Then, choose the site that offers the seminar you are interested in and that’s it.
- Register: Once you have found an interesting medical device webinar, the next step is to register. Before you do that, check to see if the conference date has already passed. If it has, you can get the replay. On the other hand, if you are on time, you just have to click on the registration link and fill in the various information requested. Very often, you just have to enter your email and your name.
- Check your emails: the invitation link is often sent 48 hours before the webinar starts. So, remember to check your emails from time to time.
- Attend the webinar: On the day of the webinar, click on the link you receive in your email to access the online conference. If there is any information requested, fill it in and then click login. You will be redirected to the webinar platform. Set up your microphone and camera, then join the meeting.
Once you are on the conference platform, you can view the presentation via a video replay. In case of misunderstanding, you have a chat box where you can ask all your different questions. However, it is also possible to intervene orally.
Some practical advices
In order not to miss anything of your webinar, it is strongly advised to :
- Connect 30 minutes before the beginning of the webinar
- Equip yourself with a headset to have a good sound quality
- Connect via a wired connection and not on the wifi to avoid connection problems
- Turn off your microphone during the presentation to avoid interrupting anything.